EMERGING VISUAL ARTIST AWARD 2016
An Arts Council, Wexford Arts Centre and Wexford County Council Partnership Initiative
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Wexford Arts Centre and Wexford County Council are pleased to announce a call for submissions for the annual Emerging Visual Artist Award.
The Emerging Visual Artist Award is a partnership initiative between Wexford County Council, Wexford Arts Centre and the Arts Council. The initiative supports promising visual artists in Ireland with an award of €5,000 and a solo exhibition at Wexford Arts Centre.This award is aimed at recognising and supporting the development of committed emerging artists, in kick starting their career and achieving professional recognition.
The successful recipient will be required to create a new body of work during the period October 2016 - December 2017, which will be exhibited at Wexford Arts Centre during January - February 2018.
Who is eligible to apply for the Award?
- Applicants practicing any visual art form are eligible to apply;
-Applicants must have resided in Ireland for a minimum twelve month period to be eligible to apply;
- Applicants cannot be currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme in their art form at the time of the application deadline;
What selection criteria will be used?
- Applicant's demonstrated commitment as a serious professional to her/his art form;
- Overall excellence of the applicant's art work;
- Demonstration of exceptional talent;
Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com and include the following:
1) An up to date CV;
2) A statement about your work detailing themes, working methods and medium - 300 word limit;
3) A proposal in relation to the body of work which you intend to undertake - 350 word limit;
4) Timescale breakdown - research, production, delivery;
5) Budget breakdown - materials, travel, studio hire, etc.;
6) Examples of work to date i.e. documentation in the form of 10 Jpeg images.
Full details for each image are required, i.e. title, medium, measurements, date of work. Three copies of each film, video or audio work can be sent by post marked as Emerging Visual Artist Award, Wexford Arts Centre, Cornmarket, Wexford Town, Co. Wexford, Ireland.
Notes on Submissions
Please adhere to the following notes whilst preparing your application:
- Please format all information in one document and keep to the word limit on the artist statement and proposal;
- Please save each Jpeg image with the following details: Artist's Name_Title_Medium_Dimensions_Year;
- Please label each film, audio or video work with your name and contact number, work title, and duration or alternatively send Youtube or Vimeo links with relevant information;
- Do not submit any hard-copy material, for example catalogues, invitations, artist books, etc.;
Please enclose a €7.50 processing fee with your application. Payments can be made through our website: https://wexfordartscentre.ticketsolve.com/#/shows/873554420 or you can ring the Box Office at Wexford Arts Centre on +353 (0)53 9123764 with your debit card details.
The deadline for receipt of email submissions is 4.00p.m. Thursday 2nd June 2016. For gallery plans and images please download file below.