Wexford Arts Centre is seeking applications for a new Artist in Residence programme funded by Arts Council Ireland. The residency will allow the artist to be supported in development of their art practice in collaboration with Wexford Arts Centre focusing on community engagement and participation within the county.This residency allows Wexford Arts Centre to fulfil its remit of delivering a quality arts programme for the Wexford community while also supporting an artist and their art practice during difficult times under current COVID-19 restrictions.
The Artist in Residence programme will allow for remote development when access to Wexford Arts Centre is limited and also require consideration of research and development of art practice/artwork for presentation on digital platforms as well as for live engagements and participation when permitted. There may also be opportunity for consideration within Wexford Arts Festival programme during Wexford Festival Opera 2021.
The Artist in Residence open call is open to artists from all disciplines resident in Ireland to apply who have presented/exhibited work in a professional context within the last five years. It is best suited to artists who have an interest in arts collaboration and participation in the community. The artist in residence will also contribute to the development of a new diverse strategic plan for Wexford Arts Centre for 2022-2024. The artist may consider applying as an individual or in collaboration with other artists but there must be one lead artist for the application. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we encourage and welcome applications from people of all genders, nationalities, races, cultural backgrounds, ages, religions, languages, different abilities, sexual orientations or socio-economic statuses.
What the Artist in Residence will receive in support:
- €20,000 to support art practice and participation in Artist in Residency programme including all costs: fees, materials/travel over a year. Expected timeline May 2021 to March 2022. Flexibility in timeline due to current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Access to venue facilities, technical and management support where possible and available.
- Mentoring and promotion support for the artist and their art practice.
What we will require from the Artist in Residence?
- Ability to collaborate and adapt to flexible timeline for residency.
- Participate and deliver interim reports on evaluation of residency and budget to assess impact of residency for sharing with stakeholders and participate in publicity of residency.
- Public engagement through participation activity which may be in form of exhibition/workshops/performances/talks online and/or live to be agreed with Wexford Arts Centre Management.
Submission of application:
Please email Expression of Interest in writing/video or audio in the Artist Residency Programme outlining proposal with emphasis on community participation development including proposed residency timeline and budget details along with CV, Artist Statement and three samples of recent work relevant to application– can include images/hyper links to website/videos in a separate document. If including links for visual artworks please include titles, dimensions, medium and year for any visual artworks and images to be sized at 72 dpi
Email to email@example.com. Please note in subject line Wexford Arts Centre Artist Residency 2021. Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 16th April, 5pm.