Technical and Front of House Support Assistant (CE Scheme)
We currently have a position available for supporting our Technical and Front of House departments. Duties include supporting Technician with stage set ups and sound and light operations for incoming music, theatre and other performance productions, shows and events. Front of House duties includes supporting Duties and Facilities Manager with preparation and set up for events, meeting and greeting audience attendees and providing building security. It is a developmental opportunity, no experience is necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career. Includes evening and weekend hours and may require some heavy lifting. Must have own transport. Opportunity to work in vibrant arts centre and interest in arts and live entertainment preferable. please send cv with pps number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office/Marketing and Programme Administration Assistant
Wexford Arts Centre has a position available for supporting Box Office/Marketing and programme administration for our visual arts and performing arts programme. Duties include customer service on provision of information and tickets for upcoming events and exhibitions at Wexford Arts Centre. Opportunity to learn box office system skills. Support on marketing of events and supporting Marketing, Programme and Visual Arts Managers on general administration duties. Opportunity to work in vibrant arts centre and interest in arts and live entertainment preferable. Good customer service skills and ability to work in a team and good command of English required. Includes weekend and evening hours. please send cv to email@example.com
Board Director – Performance
Wexford Arts Centre is looking for a person to join our active and energetic
board. Our board currently has 9 directors, and we are structured with the following
sub-committees: Governance & Human Resources, Finance, Fundraising, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, and Nomination Committee.
We believe that art can make a difference and play a significant role in the
quality of a person’s life, and through the board you will support an inspiring
and engaging arts community in County Wexford.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- an interest in arts, especially contemporary arts and for this role, knowledge of Performance Arts sector in particular music.
- an interest in the Wexford community
- experience from commercial boards or from other arts organisations is
- we deliver our arts programme across the county through our management of Presentation Centre in Enniscorthy, Living Arts programme in schools across the county and supporting Creative Hub in Wexford Town as well as in Wexford Arts Centre in Wexford Town. A connection to Co. Wexford is beneficial.
- another strategic goal is to build regional relationships, so we invite
applications from all across Ireland
What we expect from you:
- The Board generally meets five times per year, plus AGM and yearly strategy
- You will be expected to chair our Performance Arts sub committee. The committees generally meet up three to four times per year.
- You will need to prepare for meetings in advance, and may be assigned tasks
from the Board or committees.
- The role generally requires a commitment of 6-10 hours per month.
- The term of office for the Board is three years, with a possibility to extend for
another three, to a maximum of six years.
What you can expect from us:
- When you join you get an induction pack to help you get up to speed,
including our vision and strategy, governance code, latest accounts,
organisation charts, etc.
- We will invite you to a Board member training day with Boardmatch Ireland (or
similar). It gives a great overview of the responsibilities as a director, and helps
develop your skills as director.
- We regularly evaluate the effectiveness of our Board, and arrange a suitable
training program to make sure we continue to grow as leaders.
For more information on our Board and Governance page please visit
Please submit expression of interest along with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
for Attention Chair: Board Position. Deadline: Monday 6th January, 5pm 2020.