We don’t have any job opportunities at present.
We currently have a voluntary board opportunity available.
Board Director – Performance
Wexford Arts Centre is looking for a person to join our active and energetic
board. Our board currently has 9 directors, and we are structured with the following
sub-committees: Governance & Human Resources, Finance, Fundraising, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, and Nomination Committee.
We believe that art can make a difference and play a significant role in the
quality of a person’s life, and through the board you will support an inspiring
and engaging arts community in County Wexford.
Skills and attributes we are looking for:
- an interest in arts, especially contemporary arts and for this role, knowledge of Performance Arts sector in particular music.
- an interest in the Wexford community
- experience from commercial boards or from other arts organisations is
- we deliver our arts programme across the county through our management of Presentation Centre in Enniscorthy, Living Arts programme in schools across the county and supporting Creative Hub in Wexford Town as well as in Wexford Arts Centre in Wexford Town. A connection to Co. Wexford is beneficial.
- another strategic goal is to build regional relationships, so we invite
applications from all across Ireland
What we expect from you:
- The Board generally meets five times per year, plus AGM and yearly strategy
- You will be expected to chair our Performance Arts sub committee. The committees generally meet up three to four times per year.
- You will need to prepare for meetings in advance, and may be assigned tasks
from the Board or committees.
- The role generally requires a commitment of 6-10 hours per month.
- The term of office for the Board is three years, with a possibility to extend for
another three, to a maximum of six years.
What you can expect from us:
- When you join you get an induction pack to help you get up to speed,
including our vision and strategy, governance code, latest accounts,
organisation charts, etc.
- We will invite you to a Board member training day with Boardmatch Ireland (or
similar). It gives a great overview of the responsibilities as a director, and helps
develop your skills as director.
- We regularly evaluate the effectiveness of our Board, and arrange a suitable
training program to make sure we continue to grow as leaders.
For more information on our Board and Governance page please visit
Please submit expression of interest along with CV to email@example.com
for Attention Chair: Board Position. Deadline: Monday 6th January, 5pm 2020.