Mandala masterpiece workshop:
A relaxing and inspirational class to create your own mandala masterpiece through simple colouring leading to intricate designs.
With artist Nicola Anthony
Thursday 17th September at 2pm via Zoom!
Free workshop for all ages
Duration: 40 minutes
What you’ll learn:
- How to draw a mandala
- The simple language of shapes which are used in mandala drawing
- How to practice mindfulness while drawing, or simply get absorbed by your art and have fun!
- The history of mandala drawing
- See how the simple shapes we learn build up to create something more complex than you imagined you could create!
- Enjoy being part of a workshop and chat with fellow participants as we draw
Mandala drawing has become popular in recent years as a fun and calming activity, and originates in spiritual practices where a mandala is said to represent the entire Universe, and can be an exercise in reunifying the self. In our class we will start with the basics and aim for a relaxing and inspirational experience!
You will be taught and guided in a step-by-step lesson, leading to a beautiful mandala and a practice that you can take away with you and continue in your own life whenever you want to feel calm or create something impressive.
Who this workshop is for:
This Mandala Workshop is for anyone interested in increasing creativity or finding a new way to unwind. No artistic experience is necessary.
What you will need:
- A few sheets of paper – ideally blank, A4 or larger but we can work with what you have to hand
- A pencil for drawing
- A rubber/eraser
- Colour pencils or pens for colouring in (optional)
- We recommend bringing a cup of tea (or any beverage which you prefer!)
We will be drawing a circle template, so there are a few options here:
- I will send a printable template beforehand for those who have printers
- A compass or any circular objects can be used to draw a template – cups, bowls, plates, even rolls of selotape!
- Circles can even be drawn freehand, no problem!