To express your interest, you must send your email address with a short artists CV and examples of your work (max 5 images, 300dpi) to email@example.com.
Deadline for expression of interests is 4pm on Thursday 10th February 2022.
Wexford Arts Centre in association with Wexford County Council are seeking expressions of interest from Street Artists to tender for an exciting community development project titled, The Walls of Wexford.
Wexford Arts Centre & Wexford County Council are calling on interested street artists to engage in the celebration of the diverse cultural scape and the unique history & heritage of Wexford Town through the creation of large-scale street artworks in key locations along the cultural spine of Wexford Town, from Ferrybank South to St. Peters Square. This community led project is centred around community development, the celebration of culture and community while creating opportunity for community involvement.
Based on the successful model set by the popular Waterford Walls initiative and recently completed Enniscorthy Walls Project we intend to facilitate the creation of large-scale creative street art encompassing community-based ideals. Our mission is to provide a renewed sense of pride of place – and to offer educational opportunities for youths and the wider community – using visual art and street art to provide colourful and energetic backdrops for the entire community to enjoy.
Each artist will also be invited to deliver either an artist talk, workshop or demonstration of their practice to the community. This opportunity will be advertised to a national audience, and all will be invited to attend, free of charge. Selected artists will be included in our application to Wexford Local Development LEADER Fund to be considered for funding, pending this funding application outcome, chosen artists will then be awarded contracts for the project.
- To express your interest, you must send your email address with a short artists CV and examples of your work (max 5 images, 300dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for expression of interests is 4pm on Thursday 10th February 2022. Artists will be issued with a quotation form at 5pm on 10th February 2022 which must be filled out and returned by 4pm on Friday 4th March 2022. Artists will be invited to attend an interview via Zoom between Monday 7th – Wednesday 9th March 2022 to discuss their potential involvement in the Walls of Wexford 2022-23.
If you have any questions relating to this project, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Guidelines for Applicants
- You must have past experience in delivering high quality street art projects or commissions
- You must be available for work from April – September 2022.
- Artists invited to quote for one large wall for amounts from €3,000 – €5,000 and must not exceed €5,000.
- Artists must have their own public liability insurance
- Artists must have completed their own MEWP training but can include this cost in their quote if they have not already completed this training
- Artists will be asked to supply their own health and safety risk assessment and method statement in advance of completion of the project
- Please consider including in your quote; design of the artwork for one wall, materials, travel, and accommodation along with artist talk/ workshop/ demo fees (chose one)
- Times, dates and invitations to interview from Monday 7th – Wednesday 9th 2022 will be issued via email, evening interviews will be arranged where necessary to accommodate other commitments
- Images of the completed works will be issued in a free walking trail guide to be issued countywide, while artists retain the copyright to their own artwork, Wexford Arts Centre reserves the rights to use images of the work for promotional purposes (not for profit)